Multiple storey extensions enable you to design the living or work space you want, without compromising your garden. Extending existing premises may prove cheaper and less stressful than buying a new property and moving. Additionally, Dunsop Bridge multiple storey extensions don't require a large land area to be effective especially in urbanised areas where space is at a premium.
Reasons People Consider Multiple Story Extensions: A multiple story extension may consist of a room added above the first floor of your home, but it may also be an extension that consists of two or more rooms with one new room on each level. Multiple story extensions are great choices for people who need to expand their living space, but who have run out of yard room and must expand upward instead of outward. In fact, these extensions can easily convert a single-story home into a multiple-story home. Before getting started, it's important to find out whether you can get a permit to do so. Some locations and neighbourhoods will not allow it.
The Best Option for Limited Property Space: If you've outgrown your home, but you don't have room on your property to add an extra room, you may consider selling your home and moving. However, it may be possible to expand your living space with a multiple storey extension. A contractor will come to your home to inspect your home's ability to bear the weight of a second (or third) storey, then present you with design ideas based on your unique needs. In this manner, you can add more square metres to your living area without building outward into your property.
Residential Extensions: Multiple storey residential extensions are a great consideration if your property is small. You can have that extra bedroom or children's play room without having to build in the garden. Some homes may require special building permissions in order to build multiple storeys. Some homes may also require additional structural reinforcing or foundation treatments to support additional floors. For this reason, always consult the professionals prior to starting any type of construction.
The UK's largest network of extension specialists is growing by the day. Get up to four quotes from quality builders in your area with our free and easy service.
A great reason to use our service
The purpose of the extension will influence the type of construction. Do you need offices above your retail shop? Do want a second storey storage facility or an additional showroom? Multiple storey extensions may prove more affordable for commercial properties where ground space is limited and very expensive. Always consult with local authorities regarding building permissions and professional architects for structural requirements before starting any building projects.
Professional Extensions: DIY extensions of any kind should not be attempted. An existing building will require certain structural properties in order to support additional floors. Only professionals with specialised knowledge should be allowed to design and execute multiple storey extensions as these extensions could prove extremely dangerous if handled improperly. The professionals will also assist you in acquiring the necessary paperwork prior to starting construction.
Premises Design: It's important to understand that not all buildings can support multiple storeys without some additional engineering. Roof type may also affect the ease with which multiple storey extensions are carried out. All extension plans should be done by a professional architect to ensure a seamless addition to the existing structure so that the extension doesn't look like gaudy add-on. Foundation and other structural reinforcing may be required before extension construction can begin.
From a Single Storey to Multiple Stories: These days, it isn't uncommon for builders to add multiple rooms onto a single storey home, effectively turning it into a multiple storey home. For example, if you currently own a bungalow, you could add an entire level to your home, complete with two bedrooms and a shared bath. Once again, this will depend on your home's ability to support the extra weight as well as building regulations in your area. Such a project is a large endeavour, too, so it will likely take quite a bit of time to complete. Regardless, it is possible, and it can completely transform a home.
Extension Costs: The cost of multiple storey extensions Dunsop Bridge depends on the scale of the project. The larger the extension and the more complex the process, the more expensive it is likely to be. The costs of materials, the quality of the ground and foundations all have an impact on final pricing. Additional services such as the installation of new electrical and plumbing systems, added insulation or the installation of new heating/cooling and ventilation systems will also affect the price.
Tired of living in cramped quarters? Want to add an extra bedroom to your home or some extra office space at work? Multiple storey extensions may be your best option. It'll only take you a minute to fill in our online form, describing your spatial needs at home or place of work. We'll take care of the rest. With our access to a network of building specialists, we guarantee to find you the best extension services at the most affordable prices. Contact us today for a free, no obligation quote and that dream home or perfect office could be yours.
Get free quotes for your multiple storey Dunsop Bridge house extension work
Your Dunsop Bridge multi storey extension questions answered
- I have a multi-storey home, and would like my addition to maintain a uniform appearance. Is it possible to add an extension that is more than one storey high? Yes, multi-storey extensions can easily be added to any structure and any brickwork can be matched to form a seamless join.
- I have a single-storey home, but would like to add a multi-storey family room with sleeping loft. Can this be done? Yes, it is quite possible to add multi-storey extensions to a single-storey home. In fact almost any configuration can be made, simply get in touch to discuss further.
- What do multi-story extensions cost? The cost of your multi-story extension will depend how much space you would like to add to your home, but most costs will start at about £2,500 per square metre and will go up from there. More complicated extensions will, of course, cost more.
- What type of permissions do I need for multi-story extensions? You or your contractor will need to obtain planning permissions for any extension that modifies the external appearance or floor plan of your home. The permissions will vary depending on the specific type of extension you're planning to build.
- Can I add a multiple storey extension onto a single storey Dunsop Bridge home? Yes, although doing so will require adding a set of stairs, and could therefore result in drastic changes to your original floor plan.
- Can I design my own extension? In most cases, you can work with your contractor to come up with a design for your extension that suits your needs. However, it's important to keep in mind that your contractor may need to revise your design in some cases. For example, if you're adding a staircase, it may need to be placed in a certain location for support.
- What kinds of multiple storey additions can I build? The most type is the extra bedroom, which provides additional space for a growing family or household. However, you can choose to add a bathroom, den, recreational room, cinema, or anything you prefer. The choice is always yours.
- Can the builders match my current home exterior? Whether your home is brick, siding, or even stone, contractors will work hard to ensure that your second story matches the first. In some cases, it may be impossible for builders to find the exact same siding, brick, or stone. In this case, the builder will present you with options. For example, if you have a brick home, the builder may recommend putting siding on the new second storey that complements the brick colour.
Tell Us a Few Details
Let us know the type of extension you are considering. if you're not sure, don't worry, the experts are here to help you.
We'll Organise Your Quotes
We then do the rest! Let us find you up to four local, fully-approved extension specialists ready to quote direct for your work.